Saturday, August 11, 2007

Today I am 11 weeks pregnant! I am doing well. I'm not as tired as I was, but still need to rest some. I haven't been sick at all, but sometimes feel yucky, for lack of a better term, in the evenings. Here is some information discussing what's going on with the little munchkin.
The fig-sized baby is now fully formed — measuring 1 1/2 inches long and weighing in at a quarter of an ounce. His/Her skin is still transparent, allowing many of his/her blood vessels to show through. Some of his/her bones are beginning to harden, and tiny toothbuds are starting to appear under his/her gums. His/her fingers and toes have separated, and he/she may soon be able to open and close his/her fists. He's/she's already busy kicking and stretching, and his/her tiny movements are so fluid they look like water ballet. As his/her diaphragm develops, the tiny tenant may also start to get the hiccups.
I haven't felt any movement from the baby, and probably won't until between 16 and 20 weeks. I'll let you know when I do!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys. What a blessing. A very exciting and scary time I'm sure. God bless.

Albert

Anonymous said...

The Sonargrams are so cool!! It's amazing the detail of the pictures. I know how excited you guys are, but I also know that this is just the beginning!! There are no words to describe the joy and love that you will soon be experiencing!!
xoxo
Jean