Sunday, April 20, 2008

2 months old!

Check out her khaki shorts. They don't quite fit yet...and kind of remind me of "old man" shorts!!
Her facial expressions make me laugh!
On Friday morning, we met our friends Rebecca and her son Logan and Cari and her daughter Caroline at the park. We enjoyed breakfast together then took some pictures of the kids. It was a really nice day...the sun was out, but there was a cool breeze. It was very pleasant to be outside!


That afternoon I took Gracie to the doctor for her 2 month checkup. Her doctor was so pleased to see how well she is growing. Since she was on the low normal size at birth, the doctor wanted to monitor her growth rate a little closer. Well, she is almost double her birth weight at 9lbs 2oz.

She passed her exam with flying colors. Dr. Andrew is wonderful and she really likes Gracie (who doesn't). After she answered all of my questions and finished the exam, the nurse came in to give Gracie her shots. She got three in one leg, two in the other, and an oral vaccine. Gracie cried for about 5 minutes, then was ok with everything. I kept myself composed until we got in the car to go home. I cried for a few minutes because I hated seeing my sweet little baby in pain. Thank goodness babies are resilient...if they weren't I would be more of a nervous wreck than I already am!

All in all, she did great! She didn't run a fever and there was no swelling at the vaccine sites. What a little trooper!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those shorts and skinny legs are hilarious!! That's a great picture.....Auntie Mer