Sunday, August 17, 2008

Daddy and Gracie having lunch!

While I was getting ready for work last Friday, I walked into our room and found this! Can you see why it's so hard to leave every morning? I would have given my right leg to have been able to jump in bed and snuggle with those two!! (By the way, she wasn't really sleeping. She blinked when I took the picture...I LOVE IT!!!)

All three of us at a friend's birthday party.



Mommy and Gracie (a rare picture since I'm usually the one behind the camera).




Grace got to check out her friend Logan's activity center. It was a mini DJ station, with microphones, keyboard, and everything!!



I had to go back to work on Monday the 11th. I cried the entire weekend. The past 5 1/2 months have been amazing. I have really enjoyed my time with my little angel. Most women only get a few weeks with their babies...it amazes me that the United States of America is rated among the last five countries when it comes to maternity leave. Our society does not value the role of being a mother. I could go on for hours about this, but I should get off my soapbox now.




Anyway, because Grace was born at the end of February my maternity leave carried me through the end of the school year. Then I got my two months off for summer vacation. So, yes I am very blessed to have had the extra time with her. We couldn't have planned it better if we had tried!!




Bryan is taking his paternity leave and is staying home with her. So far things seem to be going well. They are both going to have to do some adjusting, but I have faith that the two of them will get into their own groove and really enjoy themselves. Bryan is doing a great job! I am very proud of him!!


1 comment:

NIKKI said...

I hope this school year goes well for you. I am sure the kids at school keep you busy!
I bet she is having fun with her daddy~!!!!