Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Cookies

Official Taste-Tester!! Yummy!

Fresh out of the oven...they look delicious!

Ready to put them in the oven.

Dirty hands!

Coating the cookie balls in sugar.
(There was typically more sugar on the counter and floor then there was in the bowl.)

Rolling the dough into balls.

Stirring the molassess into the sugar mixture.

Last night Gracie and I decided to make a batch of Grandma Fox's famous Ginger Crinkle Cookies. Gracie and I were the "cookers" and Daddy was the "eater". Grace helped me by rolling the cookie dough into balls, covering them with sugar, then placing them on the baking sheet.
This was one of the best nights I've had in a long time! Grace was really into making the cookies and helping out. I enjoyed spending some quality time with my sweet little girl. It was such a simple, impromptu activity. No planning or scheduling, just a spur of the moment thing.
...a wonderful memory I will keep forever!




1 comment:

downlights said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.